**Tuesday, Dec. 10: Campus Spelling Bee 9:00
**Wednesday Dec. 11: Speeches presented in class (NO costume worn)
**Thursday, Dec. 12: Peppermint Village shopping (bring your money)
**Friday, Dec. 13: 4th Grade Program 10:00
**Friday, Dec. 13: Famous Texan Wax Museum (wear costume, no parents please)
**Saturday, Dec. 14: Breakfast with Santa 9-11
**Monday, Dec. 16: Grinch Day (wear a Grinch shirt or green shirt)
**Tuesday, Dec. 17: Elf Day (wear an elf or Santa shirt)
**Wednesday, Dec. 18: Reindeer Day (wear a reindeer or Rudolph shirt or the color red)
**Thursday, Dec. 19: Polar Express Day (wear pajamas)
**Friday, Dec. 20: Christmas Spirit Day (wear your favorite Christmas/holiday shirt)
**Friday, Dec. 20: Christmas Party 11:30-12:30
**Friday, Dec. 20: Early Release 12:50
**Monday, Dec. 23-Tuesday, Jan. 7: Winter Break
**Wednesday, Jan. 8: Back to School
This week in....
Reading/Social Studies: We will continue our Literary Nonfiction and Research units. We will create our posters, practice and give our speeches, and conclude by teaching others as we put on our Famous Texans Wax Museum.
How can you help at home with reading? Practice your child’s speech each night. Prepare a costume to portray their famous Texan for Friday.
Grammar: This week, we will be learning about complex sentences. We will practice recognizing and combining sentences to make a complex sentence using a subordinating conjunction. We will learn when to add a comma to a complex sentence (if the subordinate conjunction is at the beginning) and when we not to add a comma (if the subordinating conjunction is in the middle).
Composition: We are continuing our essays about a prized possession.
Important Information about the Wax Museum
- Due to safety and the fact that all younger grades will be attending, parents are not allowed to attend the wax museum.
- The Famous Texans Wax Museum will be held from 1:40-2:40 on Friday, December 13. You child has worked very hard on this project. Please make sure they are here!
- A costume portraying the famous Texan needs to be worn for the wax museum. Since it is not until the afternoon, do not have your child wear the costume to school. He/she will be allowed to change and get ready starting around 1:15 on Friday. Please have them bring everything needed for the costume that morning.
Important Information about the 4th Grade Program
- It is on Friday, December 13 at 10:00.
- Parents are invited. If you plan to come please use the following link to sign up. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfte0_6VDThp6j8C_ClFhTewBO_DhSL3hc8w66rZ43jBM2FlA/viewform
- Students need to dress up as their favorite toy. Some suggestions include: rag dolls, toy soldiers (no guns please), princess and prince dolls, ballerinas, puppets, teddy bears, stuffed animals, cowboys and cowgirls, monkeys with toy cymbals, toy clock, Santa, crayons, and transformers/robots.
- Since the program is in the morning, your child may come to school dressed for the program. We will allow them to put on accessories and such, so if they are going to wear something that might be a distraction, have them pack it and put it on right before show.
- Please send a change of clothes for after the program.
Important Information about the Christmas Party
- Your student will be responsible for bringing one tub of ready made white cake frosting (Not in a tube)
- The party is Friday, Dec. 20 from 11:30-12:30.
- Parents are invited.
- We will be making gingerbread houses. Look for an email with a sign-up genius link from the homeroom mom.